The innerspring mattress is one of the most common types of mattress. This is probably because these mattresses existed before many other types of other mattresses that exist today. These mattresses have a coil or many coils inside the enclosure of the mattress. These coils provide the bouncy motion that most innerspring mattresses have.
Apart from being relatively affordable, the innerspring mattress can also be somewhat durable. However, more modern mattress types tend to surpass the longevity of the typical innerspring mattress. Nevertheless, the innerspring mattress still accounts for over 70% of mattresses that are purchased.
- Relatively affordable
- Comfort and functionality
- Springy motion and feel
- Coils – The innerspring mattress uses a coil-based technology and mechanism to form the basic internal structure of the mattress. There are different types of coil anatomies. Some can be more effective than others. For instance, patented coil technology can minimize the transfer of motion from one part of the mattress to another
- Affordability – This mattress can be more affordable than other mattress choices. Hence, this is why these mattresses are more common than other types of mattresses. The innerspring mattress can have different grades and levels. Hence, there are mattresses that are more expensive than others based on technology, materials used and other factors
- Support – The innerspring mattress does provide support and can be effective in providing such support for a considerable amount of time. Sometimes, the length of time or number of years for which support may be provided can vary. The quality of the innerspring mattress can also determine how durable the mattress will be. Sufficient support is possible for an appreciable length of time
- Durability – These mattresses can be durable as well. Durability does depend or increase and decrease based on certain factors including materials used in manufacturing the mattress, the design of the mattress, the quality pf materials and much more
- Technology – Technology plays a big part in the manufacture of innerspring mattresses and there are many types of coil technologies. These technologies specify the type of coils, number of coils and the configuration or arrangement of the coils within the mattress
- Size and Grades – There are different sizes of innerspring mattresses including king, queen, double and twin mattresses. Also within the innerspring mattress, there can be various levels or grades including more luxurious styles which can be more expensive
The innerspring mattress is a common choice for many mattress buyers. It has been in existence for a long time and it is able to provide support and comfort. There are different grades or levels of the innerspring mattress that depends on a variety of factors including quality of materials, size and technology. The inner coils are completely enclosed within the mattress.
Unfortunately, if the mattress is not properly made, the springs can begin to protrude from the external portions of the mattress. This can also occur due to wear and tear on the product. Hence, purchasing a quality innerspring mattress is beneficial for long term value.